I had to tell myself just that over and over today, during my half marathon.
My training runs had gone so well, that maybe I had my hopes a little too high. But I am happy that I finished, since I felt so sick the entire time. 1:48 was my chip time!

You know it is bad when the first three miles you feel like you have a knife going through your abdomen.
I loved running down Provo Canyon, especially past Bridal Veil Falls. Once I got closer to the finish, I was excited to see my husband.
We had to be on bus, at 3:30 am. and shuttled up to the cold canyon, where we sat for an hour and a half. There were many fires to warm yourself, and it was fun to chat with other people.
The funniest part was when some dude came running (high knee style) right past us and up the hill. Then he just stopped, dropped his drawers, and did his business--IN PLAIN SITE! Everyone was laughing and one woman even cheered as he pulled his pants up! LOL.
When Peter saw my medal, he responded with:
"So you didn't win the gold, huh?"
And Maggie told me before the race, that I had a 20 percent
chance of winning.
"So your sayin' there's a chance?" Lloyd Christmas
Steve said he would not give me such good odds.
Smart!
*Thanks to my parents who watched my four children and the dog. It would have been quite the ordeal with kids in tow.