He put his hand out and showed me a blue piece of paper, and asked me if I knew what it was about. It had been placed in his mailbox.
At first he seemed annoyed, thinking my mail was going to be delivered to his house. After I gave the long explanation, he calmed down.
Here are my bullet points of anger at the post office:
• you delivered a slip that was not suppose to be delivered.
• you helped me make a hell of a first impression on my new neighbor.
• This is almost a breach of confidentiality. Almost.
• why are you still bothering me about my dog?
• I have my mail forwarded. I have had it forwarded for 8 months or better.
• My dog is never anywhere to be seen. Never in the front yard. Always in the house, or a quick bathroom break in the backyard (which is fenced.)
• my dog is not aggressive.
• this note seems very extreme to me, for someone who has completely complied with what we were asked to do.
• What is going to happen if they cross my lawn?
I think Jerry Seinfeld was correct in his portrayal of the mail system.
"Newman!!!"
Newman: "When you control the mail. You control information."