Monday, October 27, 2008

STP's

Not to be confused with STD's.
So at church lately I have been hearing this new phrase. STP (Same Ten People).
My calling in the ward is to take dinners to the moms with new babies. It is so rewarding to see people willing to help out and give a simple act of service. So when I wanted to increase the amount of dinners each family got I heard a lot of "you should know it is the STP, and then they just have to do it more" What? And so it goes when it is time to clean the church, cannery, bishops storehouse ect. someone always says "STP!".
Here is my 2 cents: It is not always the Same Ten People! Everyone is at a different stage in their life and can do different things with their time and talents. For younger moms its easier to help a neighbor babysit or take a dinner. For the older women cleaning the ward and helping at the cannery may be better suited seeing as they don't have to find a spot for kids.
Lets not forget the fact that no act of service is too small, and that everyone gives service in their own way, many times unnoticed.
Mosiah 2:17 And behold, I tell you these things that you may learn wisdom: that ye may learn that when you are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi Sara I found you too. Thanks for the comments. Your kids are so cute and I love what you said about 2 girls 2 boys only thing perfect. Anyway. People say the same thing here sometimes too. But who cares like you said serving is serving, and everyone is in a different stage of life it will all balance. Your a cutie.