Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

Our annual tradition of snow shoeing or sleigh riding was spoiled by mother nature. So we resorted to the movie theatre, to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked." I bet you're all so jealous.

That afternoon Rachel and I made green salsa and cookies. She has a new found love for cooking. On Thursday my dishwasher broke. Happy freakin' Christmas. I have been washing dishes by hand. What a great time to break, when I am doing so much cooking/baking!

Christmas Eve we traveled up to my parents house. Can I say travel now that I live so far away? I think I can.

Cheers to one of my favorite days of the year.
I love that my parents have a fireplace in the dining room.

"Merry (hiccup) Christmas"
Rachel loved the red punch.

Every Christmas Eve the kids all pile into Luke's room to sleep. They went to sleep quite fast. And I think I beat all of them awake the next morning in anticipation.

I did not take one picture on Christmas Day. Just wanted to enjoy watching my children. The one moment I wished I had my camera was as we walked out of church. Our church is right across the street from the temple. In fact we park in the temple parking lot. It gave me a sweet feeling as I looked up on a clear, crisp, sunny day with the temple right in front of me, and the mountains in the background. At that moment I felt my Heavenly Father's love for me and my family. I loved that Christmas fell on a Sunday so that we could worship the one we celebrate on this special day.