Sunday, December 18, 2011

We have a sad house


Rachel: Mom, why is Peter crying?
Steve and I look at each other, hear the music from the video playing, and rush to find Peter sobbing while watching the video of Max.
Peter: Why did Max have to die?
Steve: Because he was so sick, and his body really hurt.
Peter: But why couldn't we just take him to the hospital?
Steve: We did take him to the hospital, but he was just too sick.
Peter: I miss Max, I wish he did not have to go live with Heavenly Father.

Salt to the wound. Steve and I feel so guilty that we could not afford to keep Max alive. We could not afford the finacial side or the physical/emotional toll it would take on us as well. How do you explain that to a child?

Steve made this video for Max. (Peter is watching it on Steve's laptop in the above picture) The kids all want to make their own scrapbook, and have a picture for their bedroom.