This week has been busy, but I feel great. My body has been in a funk the last few months. I went to a doctor at the new University Clinic here in Daybreak. One fancy place. After having 12 viles of blood drawn, it came back that I was extremely low in Vit D. Normal is around 40, and even that is not great. I was at a 16. A Vit D deficiency causes loads of problems, so I am optimistic that this will help.
I also have exercised every stinkin day this week. And the coolest story comes on my Thursday morning run. It was around 10 in the morning, and I took off for a short 3 mile run on the Daybreak trails. I was not far into my run when a fox jumped right in front of me. Right in front of me-about 5 feet in front of me! What the what? I had seen a fox here before but not that close. It ran along the trail, then looped back towards me. I prayed it was not rabid. Then in bounced up the hill.
It made me sad that this foxes home is being overtaken by new development. I really dislike how all the open spaces are disappearing. We have enough houses, and cabins etc! It is a good thing I did not move out here any earlier, I would not have liked to watch all the farm land disappear.
My kids are off track and the weather has been lovely for them to fish at the lake, ride bikes, play with friends, and exhaust their mommy! I have decided that going to Planet Play and swimming is too much in one day for the kids....or maybe me?
I love my new teaching job at the gym. It is the perfect job. 9 hours a week. Plus awesome benefits. My boss also has 4 kids at home and has been generous and understanding. He gave me a great schedule that works for our family.
I love teaching, or I would not do this. But some kids and parents are just out of this world crazy!
I took over for a guy named Greg. My boss said they did not like him very much and gave him all the hard kids. Gee thanks-my Thursday night is very tiring due to that fact.
On Tuesday a mom showed up and demanded her 3 year old have her old teacher back, before her daughter had even gotten in the pool. My boss explained that the old teacher got another job. She was mad. Clark tried to console her and said I even taught him to swim....haha! The mom gave me the stink eye the entire lesson, and at the end was mad that I did not play with toys with her daughter. She pulled her daughter out of my class. Even though I had her daughter doing skills she had never done before. The daughter told me she like to paint, but her mom said she did not have any money for paints. This lady is a piece of work, as she sits their on her iphone and fancy purse. No money for paints? Please!
Today came the real kicker. A kid hocked a logy and spit in my face. I have been kicking myself all day for not kicking him out of the class. I need to figure out what my rights are as a teacher. The gym prides itself on its customer service and I had to go through a lot of memorization and interviews to prove I had good customer service.
And my week ended today with a visit with the Bishop. I am so grateful for my new calling. I know God answers prayers.
So maybe it is my new schedule that makes life seem brighter, maybe it is the Vit D, maybe it is exercise, or maybe it is just Spring!