-As I was getting ready to head to the gym to teach swimming lessons, Maggie stood next to me talking. I then started applying some mascara. "Why are you putting that on? You know it is going to come off in the water don't you? So why are you still doing it?" That is one of Steve's pet peeves as well: make up to the gym.
Then as we kept talking I said the word "tinyer". Maggie was quick to correct me telling me that was not a word and that "smaller" would be a better word to use. Again Steve would be so proud.
-I was relaxing on the couch yesterday night waiting for Steve to come home with the kids. They all greeted me with a hug and kiss. Then the little ones sat down with me. Rachel: "What is that smell?" Peter: "It's mom!" The chlorine! Oh the chlorine!
-The night before garbage cans go out, I clean out the old food in the fridge. I noticed a huge container of salsa in the back. I had not used anything like that in a long time and thought it must be ancient. I threw it away.
Fast forward to Thursday night where I was teaching lessons, and Steve had a family party to attend with the kids. Little did I know he had bought the salsa earlier in the week, so he would not have to make an extra trip the night of the party.
He was mad. I would have been too. But I did not know this since I was teaching. When I got out of the pool I had a lot of texts from Steve.
They first said, I love you. The next I love you lots. Then, the kids love you too. And you get the picture.
I called him to thank him for making me smile. That is when I learned of my mistake with the salsa. Steve had decided it would do no good to get mad at me, and would do the opposite. So glad he did.
A little decision made my night a lot brighter.
-Peter is having a hard time figuring out when is the proper time to use the word "God". He was looking in the Friend magazine, and was talking to me, and I was half listening. "Is this a picture of dog spelled backwards?" He kept repeating the question and I kept ignoring until I looked at the picture and it indeed looked like God, but it wasn't.
Then this morning he is walking around the house sounding out the word "Gosh". Again I am totally confused. Then he proceeds to tell me, "never take the 'sh' sound off of the word 'gosh' because if you add another 'd' that will be bad."
Poor kid. I have explained to him so many times when we can and can't use it and he just does not quite understand.
Loving the warm weather, friends, and Daybreak.
The kids got creative in our backyard.
