I have decided I feel naked without my camera. I was without it (my camera) the first half of the holiday, and my phone was dead, so could not use that as a back up camera either.
I love the Fourth of July. We woke up early and traveled back to our old hood. We love the Stratford Parade and Breakfast. The kids were so excited to go back, Steve and I were a little hesitant about it however. We walked in, and our good friend Dave Alsop picked up all our kids and gave them hugs, then ran over to me and gave me a hug. We automatically felt right at home and so welcome.
I saw so many dear friends with smiling faces. It was nice to do a little catch up. After we walked down our old street to say hello to our wonderful neighbor, Virginia. We chatted with her and would glance across the street at our old home. It is not being taken care of. Many people told us, we should go mow the lawn while we were visiting, it was long and dead with lots of weeds.
Virginia told us that a month after the lady bought our house she got engaged, and has since moved. She now rents the house. At the moment I found that information out, I felt so blessed and watched over by my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful our house sold in a timely matter so we were able to get into our new home.
As I looked at our old home there was no attachment at all, no memories came flooding back. It was a testament to me that we are in the place the Lord wants us.
After the parade we spent and hour or two at This is the Place Park.
Then is was off to Hires for lunch.
I loved spending time with my family.
After resting, and dinner, we took a bike ride to the lake. By then I had my camera.
I love where I live. People roll their eyes when we tell them we live in Daybreak. But this is the best place in Salt Lake to raise a family. Hands down. We waited so long to move to Daybreak, and we are so happy to be here. It is beautiful and peaceful.