Exactly one year ago we moved into our home in Daybreak.
It has been a year of ups and downs.
My friend emailed me the other day, and said I looked happier--
could just be summer, I am always happier in the summer. Swimming, sun, and the beautiful outdoors.
But, in all reality, I am happy.
I am so grateful for the Downs family.
Ever since we met them, our family has been better off.
Every time we hang out with them, we are happy.
I know we were meant to meet.
****
We have been trying to teach Pete to ride a bike for awhile.
We gave up for a long time.
It was so frustrating, and everyone would come inside upset.
Yesterday, Peter put on his helmet and grabbed his bike.
"I am going out to practice riding my bike."
And what do you know?
He taught himself!!!
I am so excited for him.
We rode down to the lake tonight, with Peter peddeling away.
****
The kids summer swim team is about to wrap up.
They are doing so well.
Here is a handful of ribbons from the last couple meets.
Maggie dropped so much time in an event last week, that it
moved her clear up in the rankings.
Probably qualifing her for the Conference meet.
****
Sunday Drive.
We have been wanting to explore the nearby canyons.
After church we drove up Butterfield Canyon.
At the top it overlooks Kennecot Copper mine.
This sweet boy just melts my heart.
I love this age.
So innocent.
He came up to me the other night and asked if we could spend some alone time together.
"Sure buddy, what do you want to do?"
"I was thinking we could run around on the grass and play tag,
then you could tickle me, and we could cuddle." he replied.
I agreed, and he said, "I can't even imagine how fun this will be."
I hope I did not disappoint.
Then on Friday, I picked him up from a half day of Chinese Immersion.
Him and his friend got in the car and were supper quiet.
Then Peter turned to Talon and said...
"Don't tell your sister any Chinese words, but it is not like we can remember anything anyway."
I asked Peter how he liked his Chinese class,
"I thought it was going to be fun.
Turns out, it is just really borring!"


