I know when my neighbors read this post they are going to think we are moving. NOT SO! I have just been thinking a lot lately about living in a "small" house. To us the house is not so small, it is all we need. But after so many comments from others like "aren't you crowded?", or "you still live in a starter home?", I thought I would make a list of the pros/cons of living in our HUMBLE ABODE.
CONS/BAD:
-Turn on the water faucet or flush the toilet and their is a good possibility that you will wake someone up.
-If you open the fridge or the dishwasher no one can get through the kitchen.
-You need to go to the bathroom? Get in line.
-Storage? What Storage? Thus is why we still have a hideous shed in our backyard.
-Furniture rearranging is difficult.
-Nighttime wakings become a family get together.
PROS/GOOD:
-The character and charm. I love my old fireplace and arched doorways.
-Not so much house to clean!
-You always know where your kids are and what they are doing.
-Don't have to host the Dunham Family Christmas party (50+people) oops did I just write that?
-Affordable house payments.
-Brings us closer together as a family.
-You can make dinner, watch your kids play in the next room and spy on your neighbor all at the same time!
Honestly I love my house. Their are a lot of things that bug me, but in the long run they really do not matter. All my kids were born here and we have so many memories. This is a picture of my favorite room in the house, I love the colors, I could relax in a bubble bath in this room for a long time.
2 comments:
Sarah, I am 100% with you on the pros and cons.
I can live with most of the cons, but the one thing I truly wish for is a master bath. . . . .
AMEN!
Post a Comment