Thursday, September 11, 2008



Our ward had a goal to read the Book of Mormon in two months. I always roll my eyes when challenges to read the scriptures come around but end up doing it anyways. I was not going to participate in this particular one, except everyday I felt the promptings that I did need to read it. I am so glad that I did. It started off a breeze, I can totally do this I thought. That was until I got to 2 Nephi and all the Isiah chapters. After plugging through those I was on my way. I had so many neat experiences while reading the Book of Mormon. Our family was blessed in so many ways. When things were going really well in my life it started getting harder to read and I would skip some days. I remembered the scripture that "they were quick to forget the Lord their God." Wow, the scriptures really are applicable. While reading this book I gained a firmer testimony that indeed this is a true book. I know that Joseph Smith translated this book, but did not write it. It was written from prophets of old and buried until God was ready for it to be revealed. Mormon 8:16" And blessed be he that shall bring this thing to light; for it shall be brought out of darkness unto light, according to the word of God; yea, it shall be brought out of the earth, and it shall shine forth out of darkness, and come unto the knowledge of the people; and it shall be done by the power of God." I know this is Jesus Christ's chuch and he leads it though prophets. I know the day will come that Jesus will return to the earth and look forward to that day.

1 comment:

Camilla Millar said...

Sarah, Way to Go!!

I really look up to you and believe that you are a choice person. I am glad we can be friends!