Monday, February 21, 2011

Presidents Day Cabin Trip

Storms would roll in regularly.
But we would get peeks of the sun.

This picture illustrates just how much snow there was.
Peter climbed onto a road sign,
where his coat got caught.
He looked like a scarecrow!

Forgot your coat?

Rachel was in her own world,
adorning a 60's snowmobile helmet,
and putting Max on a bungy leash.


Check out Maggie's hat...
She looks like one of the Daryl's from the Bob Newhart show.

The kids would love being thrown into the deep fresh powder.

The outcome was something like this,
and this...

The only drama came when
Rachel and I ran out of gas on the "tallest mountain," as she would put it.
We had to walk home.

Later that night Steve went to find the abandoned machine,
complaining that he had to carry 25 lbs. of gas.
I rolled my eyes, "Kind of like I had to carry a 25 lb daughter back home?"
"Yeah, but mine was uphill!"

As always we had a great time!