Last Friday as I drove around, there was a fun candy stand on one corner, crowds at every park, people enjoying the beach and lake, pick up soccer games, and kids everywhere!
However, this photo brought back such memories. While I love where I live, I would never trade those 11 years in the Highland Park neighborhood. They were perfect for us.
We have been slowly making our Daybreak house ours. Here are a couple of the updates for those who don't travel to the west side, or those that do live on the west side and think we have the plague. ;-)
This is still a work in progress.
We painted the fireplace a soft white, and plan to antique it soon.
We also bought tile (seen on the right hand side, behind the lamp),
and are going to tile the back wall of the mantle.
It will look great!
I will post pictures again when we finish that project.
The color we choose for our dining room.
The dining room is a soft grey and the kitchen is a light sage green.
I love how my table matches my cabinets!
Our living room is the same color as the kitchen.
Oh, and the ceilings are now white!! Thank goodness!
If your not impressed with our changes...
this is what it looked like right before we moved in.
umm, the previous owners were kinda messy,
but you get the picture.
This is as crafty as I get.
You would not believe how many hands I have slapped for reaching in.
This is what Rachel's face looks like 3 days after the accident.
I was so excited for Easter pics with the kids, now I am rethinking...should I post pone?
And how cute is this?
Cute girls jumping on my tramp this afternoon.