What a great weekend. Friday night, my parents watched the kids while I had dinner with my husband, at Blue Lemon. I had a salmon and Steve a steak. Yum!
Saturday morning I went trail running while listening to Conference. I love trail running, and being in nature. Listening to uplifting and encouraging words while on the mountain is one of my favorite things.
“In this fast-paced life, do we ever pause for moments of meditation—
even thoughts of timeless truths?”
—President Thomas S. Monson
While listening to conference I knew with surety that true happiness comes from the following: family, service & sacrifice, and following the Savior, Jesus Christ. The gospel of Jesus Christ brings hope, and a knowledge of the after life, and true happiness.
My favorite, out of the two days of Conference was this song, by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It gave me chills. You will not regret watching this clip.
We tried to do a couple April Fool's jokes on the kids. They were kind of a bust...but Luke laughed at this one.
We barricaded the door of his room.
Speaking of barricades....my friend and I decided that we needed a shortcut to Herriman (we were short on time, and took some wrong turns). So we moved barricades at each end of the road. And I think it made a lot of other cars happy too. They all followed us through!
Family game night: Farkle.
Peter loves his new Mr. Rodgers sweater.
He wears it everywhere!
And what can make 4 kids cram into mom and dad's bed?
The American Country Music Awards!!
Rachel fell and really scrapped up her face and body.
I know it is hard to imagine but she looks 100 times worse today!
The scar is a deep scarlet with a black bruise surrounding it,
not to mention she is limping around.
It was a full weekend with the family, and I am grateful for all the memories created this weekend, from bbqing pizza with friends, to learning more about my Savior and his plan for us and our families.