Friday, April 20, 2012

the watch

I misplaced my watch a week or two ago.  I keept asking the kids if they have seen it, knowing that I would need it to teach swim lessons on Thursday.  No one had seen anything.

Fast forward to Thursday.  Maggie was invited to a school breakfast, that I attended with her.  Luke was to get himself to school that day.

When I returned home from the school breakfast, I walked into my bedroom.  On my nightstand, sat Lukes watch ontop of my computer.

I was so touched.  He knew I needed a watch that day.  He knew I would be gone before he got home from school.  He knew he would have to place it, in a spot I would notice, which I noticed immediatly.

How sweet is this child to take care of his mom?  I did not even ask him to borrow a watch, he did it all on his own.

Funny how such a small act of kindness can make your day so much better.  Wanting you to pass along and share the same feelings with others.