Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Adam

Today is my middle brothers birthday! Happy Birthday Adam!

I love this picture of Adam, it shows how athletic he is. You can't really see it, but there is a *ginormous hole under him. He is awesome at triathlons, and marathons. I believe his best marathon time came in at under 3 hours. Adam is my ultra-conservative brother. How he came out of our household a republican is beyond me.

Talk about an awesome Dad. After coming home from work tired, his kids always get a special outing with him. When he comes to visit, my kids get tickles, back rides, wrestling on the lawn, and a listening ear.

I will always owe a great amount of gratitude to Adam for helping me finish a marathon. I have only done one, and did not know what to expect. I "crunch" trained. Meaning I decided 6 weeks prior I was going to race. Hardly enough time. All my running friends said they would help me in stages, but ended up going out of town. To see my brother waiting for me at mile 20 was just what I needed. All I wanted to do was walk, which I did my fair share of. But I am convinced I would not have finished without him. With the finish line in sight, he told me to go it alone. I remember telling him that I would stop if he did not run me the entire way! I love ya bro!

*Blank

3 comments:

Adam's Family said...

Awww! What a sweet tribute to Adam! I have to agree, he is an amazing father. :)

Diane said...

That was well written. You are a very nice sister!

Nicole said...

That was so sweet thanks for sharing!