We still came down to Southern Utah. It is beautiful this time of year. Today we went into Zions. We hiked Observation Point. Every corner turned was another "Awe" moment. Such incredible views. That is Angels Landing over my shoulder, we could hear some moron playing a trumpet on it.
We forgot to bring a backpack on this trip. We scanned Target for the cheepest backpack we could find. This is what we bought.
The picture below is the view from the top of our hike. Look at the path of yellow trees linning the Virgin river. I am convinced that this is the best season to visit Zion.

I was proud of Steve for hiking a steep 8 miles. He was proud of me for not freaking out about the drop offs. Yeah, there were some steep drop offs, but honestly I had to concentrate harder when using the out house at the base of the trail. Pure concentration so as not to loose my breakfast-whoo whee, it stunk!
I was proud of Steve for hiking a steep 8 miles. He was proud of me for not freaking out about the drop offs. Yeah, there were some steep drop offs, but honestly I had to concentrate harder when using the out house at the base of the trail. Pure concentration so as not to loose my breakfast-whoo whee, it stunk!
1 comment:
Sarah, I'm so sad that you couldn't do the half, but I LOVE your pictures of So Utah and I'm so glad you guys got a getaway.
Maybe next year we'll all be able to do the race after all...
Post a Comment