Friday, November 20, 2009

Won't you be my neighbor?

I live in a great neighborhood. Mature tree's, charming houses, friendly neighbors, mountain views, sidewalks, and a stip of neighborhood shops. Our older neighbors remember when there was a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Shop, a 7-11, and gas station. All here on Stratford!
I also love that we have elderly neighbors. It gives my children the opportunity to learn respect and how to serve them. Luke was spoted getting off his bike and helping a lady bag her leaves. Wonderful!
Our families new favorite is the local pizzeria and coffee shop. Of course we go for the pizza, and it is SO yummy. The best part is we can walk. I am sure when my kids grow up they will remember this wonderful memory we are creating.
Luke's primary teacher is the local artist featured this month at the cafe. She described our neighborhood, as our very own Mr. Rogers town. I know he would be proud.

*On the corner you can see the local lawn care and nursery shop. When I was in high school we would take the sign that said "Pansy's for Sale" and put it on my friend Adams door step, who lived a couple houses down. Oh, he would be mad, but that was his nickname (pansy) and it was fun!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love this neighborhood-the location, the people, the scenery. I want to buy a house here SO bad!

La La Land said...

great post! I didn't know about the Baskin Robbins and 7-11! That's a pregnant girl's fairyland...not that I'm pregnant, but hey, that could help me get the ball rolling!

We should meet up for pizza sometime.