Monday, December 14, 2009

Few of my favorite (christmas) things #3


The lights @ Temple Square!


I love the big red tree. Did you know it is a Cedar of Lebanon? Just like they talk about in the Bible. Maybe now that they use LED lights they will light it every year, rather than every other year. Lets hope so, since it is SO amazing!

We encountered some difficulties this year. Leaving Steve wondering why we do this. After finding parking (next time we will take TRAX), we roamed around the grounds waiting for the lights to turn on. 6:00 is the magic number. The kids are always drawn to the water-of course. And what do you know Rachel throws her glove in. Here is Steve fishing it out.

Can you see the glove drowning? The flow of the water would not allow
it to come to the surface.

The rest of the trip consisted of Maggie being in a grumpy mood, she had
"slug-bugged" Peter on the ride down which put him in a grumpy
mood as well.
Rachel sitting in a puddle of water and sticking her bare hands in it.
Peter and Rachel wanting to walk, while Luke and Maggie
wanting to ride in the stroller.
And all four kids were frustrated at mom who wanted a picture of them together.
I kept telling them to "freeze" so that I could capture the image and light.
Peter thought "freezing" was funny, but no one else did!

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I'm not even kidding, Sarah, Peter is the funniest kid! Everything he does makes me laugh. He's got some serious personality!!

Diane said...

Maggie does not look like she is having the best time! The grounds look pretty.

Jamie said...

Too funny! I love Peter's expression. Very cute!