Thursday, December 3, 2009

Finding the mojo of Christmas


Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. For some reason, I just can't catch the spirit this year. Cards that have been ordered are now collecting dust, waiting for me to address. Steve tells me to stop spending money. The closets are crammed full of presents waiting to be wrapped. Steve tell me to stop spending money. No fun parties to attend this year. Stop spending money. Can't find my favorite Jim Shore decoration, with Mary and Joseph. You get the picture.

The one thing that does bring me joy is a Christmas tree all lit up! I put six strands on this year. It took me awhile. Apparently that is too many. Why? It is not a fresh tree that is a potential fire hazard. Oh, so after a blown fuse, I found out why. Bummer. Do you know what else is a bummer. That keeping the tree lit all day makes for an expensive power bill--at least that is what I am told. Stop spending money.

I can't win. But my kids can. The decorations in our house have brought a whole new spirit and excitement. We even have a designated Christmas dancing zone. Kids are what make Christmas magical. So that is what I will enjoy this year--the magic of children.

**Steve thinks I pick on him, and paint a poor picture. Honestly, doesn't every husband tell their wife to stop spending money. I think they do. I hear it all the time. Just the dynamics of a household I say.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

I hear "stop spending money" all the time too. It's one of John's favorite phrases.

I love that picture, by the way. I also love the festive blog background.

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Dave doesn't vocalize it, but I get the eye roll ALL the time.