When it comes to paying and figuring out the budget deficit in the JSDistrict, the story is similar."Not I," say the tax payers.
"Not I," say the neighboring district.
"Not on my back," says the mother of 6 children in the school system.
"Not I," say the teachers.
"Not I," say the legislatures.
This problem is so sad, and so overwhelmingly huge. I am appalled that the legislature will not take the issue of public schooling more seriously. It is time for statewide equalization.
3 comments:
I don't think I really had figured out until this whole fiasco how unequal things are district by district. I don't understand why things aren't done on a statewide basis. It just MAKES SENSE!!!!!! I mean, come on, this is a disaster. I hope some good can come out of it, but for now, it just makes me crazy.
Sarah, that is a perfect example! I am so angry about this whole situation! I am sorry you are right in the middle of it! Thinking of you!
That was my favorite book growing up.... i recently tracked down the version i was read as a child and snatched it up for ruby... special order!
Hang in there chica. I am thinking about ya.
Post a Comment