Friday, April 9, 2010

Mommy said a naughty

It is not a news flash. I let a swear word or two slip every now and then. At lunch the other day with some ladies, one of them told how she swore and all her kids were flabbergasted. I laughed and said that my kids probably would not even flinch.

Flash forward to today carpooling some kids plus mine, home from a fun birthday party. The car in front of me decided to come to a complete stop at the off ramp, even though their is not even a need to yield, let alone stop. I had to slam on my breaks and out came the word!


Then I remembered I had other peoples kids in my car. "I am so sorry, so so sorry guys, I said a bad word. I am really sorry!" Maggie pipes up first and says "Did you say G-O-D?" She is obsessed with this word, trying to figure out why we do not use it, but we can use it in a song.

"NO!" I make it perfectly clear that was not the word.
Then the boy (W) asks "Then what word did you say?"
I am thinking I dodged a bullet. This child has lived in the neighborhood for a shorter amount of time and the family is super nice but also more conservative.
I quickly found out, No bullet dodged.
Boy (S) shouts, "She said the "Sh.." word.
Deep breath.

I drop off the kids and talk to boy S's mom first. She laughs and laughs. She completely understood. When her husband first had his stroke those were the only words he could say.

Boy W's mom however was forgiving yet I think very surprised. "Well that is the first time he has ever heard that word. He was going to be introduced to it sooner or later I guess!"

What? Now I feel even worse!

1 comment:

La La Land said...

Hilarious! I have been trying to watch my mouth now that Alice is a sponge. It's hard!!!