Yesterday I took my two sons to Target. Peter threw a fit over the fact that I would not buy him a toy. The fit got bigger and louder and multiplied by the minute. He would pick up displays of items and throw them on the floor. Luke took over pushing the cart and I carried Peter. Then he started throwing punches at me. I was on my way to the check out when I was approached by a manager. While she tried to help calm Peter down, he looked at her picked up items in the cart and threw them across the aisle. That is when I was told by the manager that "this shopping trip might be best resumed tomorrow." Hint taken.
Earlier in the day we had walked down the street to cheer for friends running the half marathon. As I was scanning the crowd, I turn to notice Peter, who is throwing seeds and sticks at the runners. I scolded him and he in turn said, "I am sick of this running show anyway."
And to top it off my back is still sore from the following Peter stunt. Friday was our schools big Art Fundraiser night. I was going back and forth all day with projects and setting up. On one particular trip, I decided to pull the little kids in the wagon. They were still in their flannel pj's and playing with Nerf guns. As we turned off the school grounds, Peter climbs out of the wagon and sprints down 2700 South. Full speed ahead. In pj's, holding a Nerf gun and crossing street after street without looking. I could be seen running after him dragging Rachel inside the wagon behind me. For the life of me, I could not catch him. I am sure I looked like the crazy lady running down the street waving and yelling at my child who is blocks ahead of me.
Oh the life with Peter. But I do love him.
Nice aim my boy has.
2 comments:
I can't believe the manager of Target said that.
The Target thing is blowing my mind.
Post a Comment