Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pinewood Derby

A couple weeks back was the Pinewood Derby. Luke had so much anticipation for this event, and as a family we were excited for him. Luke invited everyone to come and watch. Including his school teacher.
He had designed his own car--he wanted a semi truck. These were the competitors.
Most everyone who reads this, already knows the outcome of the night. It was disappointing, thus the reason I have put off posting pictures.
Luke lost every single race. More specifically, his car barely made it down the track. I turning to Steve with a look that said "do something!" All we could do was reassure a very discouraged child. With each race lost, his head hung lower and he sunk deeper into his seat.
It got so bad that a socially-inept father yelled out- "Somebody do something about that car!"
After the night was over, Luke started looking toward next year, and his plans. I am also coming up with plans. Like asking the guy pictured above, Stan, who built the track for a little bit of help! ;-)

1 comment:

megan said...

If I know Luke, everybody better WATCH OUT for next year's car!