Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hiking through Aspens

My friend and I took our kids hiking today. It was relaxing to get out of the city, and into nature. I love this trail with the tall aspens surrounding you. I told the kids it was like we were walking through a forest. Dustin reminded me that was exactly what we were doing. Duh!

As Peter ran ahead, I realized he could not lead the pack. The trail was like "The Feild of Dreams." You would diappear as you walked deeper into the brush/shrubs.

My legs are tired. After a couple days of hard runs, and workouts, this hike added to their exhaustion. Carrying Rachel up, and Peter down with the backpack, but I don't mind. I love having them with me.


The wildflowers were fun to see.


2 comments:

Kerri said...

Is that Willow Heights? I love that hike!

Amanda said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog a few weeks ago! You are so nice....you look like super fun mom too!

Hope you are having a great summer.