Monday, July 12, 2010

Tarzan

For Maggie's B'day we gave her a trip to St. George and tickets to see Tarzan at Tuacahn.
This past weekend we made the trip down, and had a ton of fun!

Why have I never been to Tuacahn before, the place is breathtaking. Watching a play in the desert scenery just adds to the excitement and makes it easy to get lost in the story.

It was worth every penny spent. Simply Amazing! They use the surrounding elements in nature as special effects. At the beginning they flood the stage with a nearby stream, and when Tarzan makes his grand entrance he zip lines down from the red rocks. Talk about breathtaking-the actor that plays Tarzan is just that! My only complaint is that he did not get more stage time. I think every man should have a physique just like his. And if that wish came true, they should also wear loincloths daily!


When Tarzan would carry Jane on the zip line he would cradle and hold up her body with his muscular leg.
The show has monkeys, and butterflies, and jungle men flying over you with zip lines. The director said it is like "Peter Pan on steroids."

Maggie of course wanted this monkey. She may have been spoiled this weekend, but not enough to get this.
Entrance to Tuachan
Stadium seating, along with our snow cones, made
the 100 degree temperature
bearable.
The show ended around 11:30, and once we got to our car, drove down the canyon and back to the condo it was pretty late. Steve woke me up at 10:00 the next morning. I don't think I have ever slept in that long!

1 comment:

tiffy tiff said...

I saw Wizard of Oz there a couple of years ago and also had a fantastic time. I think I might go down for CATS because I've never seen it!! Can Paige and I go with you on your next girls trip? You have LOTS of fun!!