Luke becomes a little Steve, when his Dad is not around: back seat driver, checking the cabin for dead mice, helping me grill hot dogs, teaching me how to open the gas can properly (there is more to it than just opening the lid I found out), putting the ATVs away in the shed, packing up the car, and rolling up the computer cords just as his dad would.
Luke is a great kid, and usually very obedient. But when he sees his mom doing a big project or outing alone, he really steps it up. He makes sure I don't carry the load alone.
Steve prayed with each of the children last night before bed. They each were thankful to go to the cabin, and that mom planned a fun trip. I am grateful too.
I hate to be such a "Debbie downer" but this moving thing is at the top of my list for hardest things I have ever done.
The move was the right thing to do. Better house, better neighborhood, more opportunities for the kids in the future. But the initial road to getting adjusted is difficult. All the children exhibit the stress in different ways. Rachel has started acting and talking like a baby, and Peters aggression and mood swings are utterly exhausting.
Our family moved to an area we know little about. I don't know all the great places to hang out, shop or run. I think everyone is shocked that it is hard to meet people and friends in such a community as Daybreak. But our ward is HUGE. You meet someone one week, and never see them again. I came from a neighborhood where I knew everyone, and I am determined to get to know everyone here as well.
There (in Daybreak) are so many beautiful women with fancy hair and fancy clothes and fancy boobs. Yeah I said it! A friend told me that I need to "get my barbie on!" I am trying not to be intimidated, but I kinda am, because if I have learned anything in life, it is people like you for who you are inside, not outside.
I have a tendency to look at all the hard stuff, and not all the good stuff. A lot of good stuff has been happening too. A lot.
Like....
This funny new nickname from my gym teacher. He calls me "Stepford Sarah". He percieves Daybreak as a Pleasantville, full of Stepford wifes. Him and the rest of Sugarhouse. Sheesh!
P.S. I miss you Dustin. It was fun to talk and laugh (about Mormons) the other day. Thanks for all your love!