I was sitting in the very back, keeping Peter company. It was getting warmer and warmer, when Steve finally admitted that the fan on the air conditioning was not working.
It was 100 degrees outside. We were sweating inside.
So I pulled up my shirt to under my bra line. Peter kept poking my stomach and singing the song, "big fat lady on channel 80!"
That made riding in a hot car even more miserable.
****
The last day on the beach, Steve took the girls home to the house, while I stayed with the boys to play a little longer. I noticed Steve had forgotten to take the keys to the house. I told the boys, "What would dad do without me?" Luke responded with "He would have a lot more speeding tickets, that is for sure."
I told Steve about this correspondence with the children. He laughed and confessed he had a speeding ticket this spring. Paid it with birthday money, and did not tell me.