If you read my posts, you know that Peter is a wanderer and has no fear of the water. Yesterday was prime example of both combined.
I was sitting on the beach talking with Tiffany, a friend from SLC. I noticed how far out in the water Peter was getting and thought I better go get him. (Peter later told me, he was headed for the lifeguard boat for a ride.)
By the time I reached the water, I could not see him any more, and a wave had knocked him down.
I ran and ran as fast as I could through the water. I knew approx where he was, but still could not see him.
The next thing I knew a young couple was holding Peter and carrying him to shore.
They were my angels.
Peter was in trouble. Those people really stepped up. I am forever grateful.
The whole week we were here, the water was quite mellow. Yesterday was another story. The undertow was strong, even for me. Lifeguards were rescuing strong swimmers, frequently, from rip tides.
Shame on me for not checking the conditions. It was a good wake up call.
But...I love these videos of Peter boogie boarding. We distracted him from wandering by puttin him on a board. He is so light, that he can go forever.
Now I need guardian angels to watch over us on our ride home. Our car is not doing well. Boo!