Monday morning, I went for a quick run. After 20 minutes of my foot being in a constant cramp and a quite painful state, I sat down and cried on some steps. I need my runs more than ever in this new enviornment and the trials that have come with it. I soon noticed that drivers were noticing my pity party, so I stood up and walked home. Thinking to myself, that my running times were most likely behind me.
I took the rest of the week off. It has been a hard week. I had a dentist appointment with a lot of drilling-and that was not even the hard part of my week.
Fast forward to this morning, with fresh snow on the ground. A smooth blanket of snow usually is motivation enough for me to run. So I tried again. I walked two house down the street and looked to the East. Where I saw the beautiful site of the temple surrounded by snow capped trees. I walked back home to grab my camera. (At this point my foot was already in pain.) I got my pictures, dropped my camera back off at home, and went for a small run. My foot calmed down after 26 min. Not super encouraging, especially when my run was only 33 min. long.
I am now forced to make a decision. Do I keep running? This could not have come at a worse time, as I am struggling to find my place in so many arenas in my life. So besides Power lifting, thanks for the suggestion anyway Jason, what else can give you a runners high? Legally.
Today however, I am super grateful that their is beauty right outside my door: The temple, a lake with trails that I can run around, cute adorable homes, and gorgeous mountain views everywhere I look. While I was in pain during my run, I was uplifted by this beautiful place that I live. I know the Lords hand was very much a part of us finding this house--I will post that story tomorrow.