Once we reached the car, (I had driven Steves), I put the key in, and guess what? I had left the lights on the entire time. The battery was dead. We asked everyone we saw to help jump, no one had cables, including us.
We knew we could figure out this situation, but we were worried about our friend that we had ditched a couple miles up the road. She ended up sitting up there for sometime, until we found someone to jump the car.
Lessons learned: Always bring water. Always map out your route first, or make sure to bring your Garmin. Keep jumper cables in the car. And we all decided that it would be safe to hitch hike a ride back up the mountain, when in this situation. We were seriously close to putting that option into play.
On the bright side, my foot has been doing remarkably better since that run. The first mile or mile and half of my runs, I am in a lot of pain, and then it warms up enough that I can run for quite a bit longer. I am excited.
This is how I looked after running an unexpected half marathon,
and how Rachel looks every time she tries to get her way: daily.
My next workout story come this past Monday. The day after Daylight savings. I obviously never set my watch back. I normally wake up at 5:00 am to workout. As I drove to the gym on Monday, I was surprised by the lack of cars on the rode. Not till I got to the gym, did I realize my pho-paw. My class did not start until 6:00 am. So I got 2 hours of working out, that morning.

After this morning I was an "Angry Bird!"
Peter's latest assignment was to disguise a turkey they had
brought home, in order to save him from being eaten on Thanksgiving.
Fun activity, but makes me think we are making future vegetarians.
We disguised Pete's turkey as an Angry Bird.
I wished I lived closer to my dad so he could have helped with this assignment,
but I think we pulled it off.
This is Peter's stuffed animal "Sunshine".
He wasn't feeling well today and Peter fed him Tomato juice.
And in other news, a word about stress.
We have a lot of it, in our house right now.
My pet peeve is that stress makes Steve loose weight,
and me gain weight.
NO FAIR!
Steve is on the last hole of his belt buckle.
And I can't even zip up my pants.
Max loves cuddling with Rachel when she wakes up.
and is super jealous of when it is cuddle time with Dad.