Sunday, November 27, 2011

Simple requests


Steve picked up a notepad and found Maggie's Christmas list. I personally had already seen it. Steve mentioned how simple it was, and thought that made it extra precious.

Maggie has never been a worldly child. She is picky when it comes to clothes, but not picky for a particular brand. She is happy with cheaper clothes as long as they are her style. She is just a simple girl who just wants to have fun. I love Maggie for this reason.

Her Christmas list read as follows: Big art pad with pens, colored pencils, sketching pencils, and colored markers.

I never encourage my kids to make a Christmas list, It feels a little greedy to me. But if they do it on their own, I don't discourage them. I think girls naturally like to make lists. I am always doing them myself.

Now if only I can get Luke to down-grade his Christmas wishes. He wants a flat screen tv, or a laptop, or a wii for his room.

Boy, I want all those things too Luke!