Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dirty Little Secret

Steve and I have a secret. SHHHHH.
We have not slept in the same bed for two months.
Don't worry everything is fine.

It all started when I got sick with the horrible cough. Rachel is still in our room, so my cough would have woken the little princess. My cough lasted for 5 weeks (I know, crazy!) So what makes up for the leftover weeks? I have been wondering that myself. So here is what I have come up with.

-I get better sleep away from Rachel. (cooing and whatnot.)
-I am able to toss and turn at my leisure and not be afraid of waking her.
-The couch is pretty comfy.
-Someone needs to protect my older kids who sleepwalk.
-I can actually use my alarm.
-Stay up late, wake up early, watch TV in the middle of the night.
-Easier to sneak out of the house and go to the gym early in the morning.

I am thinking these are all a cop-out. So last night I joined my husband in the oversized queen bed with the fluffy warm down comforter and lots of pillows.
What was the outcome?
Pretty much all the reasons I had come up with prior. Dang, I even missed my appointment with the gym.
Help, I need a solution.


The couch vs. the bed.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That's awesome. There are definitely a lot of perks to sleeping on the couch! It's my favorite place to sleep too. I am happy to retire down there when one of us has a cold!

Nicole said...

You are so funny, have to admit it's a tough one. I do love the gym so it's a toss up!

Camilla Millar said...

The only solution I can think of is to move Rachel in with Maggie. . . . . but I'm sure that solution would have its own issues.