Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day

Man, I love this kid!
Luke is such an incredible kid and amazes me everyday.
Today we celebrate Martin Luther King Day, and Luke opened a great conversation about the topic. While it is such a simple concept (civil rights) he really seemed passionate about it. He knows that Martin Luther King was right--it was not fair blacks had to ride on the back of the bus, or get off if it was too full. He knows it was not fair they had to drink out of different fountains. My favorite was when he said, "It would have never been possible for Obama to be President if it was not for Martin Luther King." I am sure he heard this somewhere but what the heck--I think it is great.

While I am bragging about my child, did I mention he scored a 149 on his Dibles reading evaluation. Very nice my son.

The above picture was taken on the 4th of July. He was suppose to be George Washington crossing the Delaware. At the last minute he refused to wear the wig--too itchy! It is a crapy photo, but shows his patriotism.

No comments: