Monday, January 26, 2009

The glory of Motherhood

It is one of those days that Motherhood is not very appealing. My kids are sick with the flu along with my husband. I love them to pieces but hate waiting on them hand and foot. I feel like Cinderella scrubbing floors all day.
I needed some inspiration to lift my spirit. I found this quote, and it gave me hope on a otherwise not-so-great day.

A mother has far greater influence on her children than anyone else, and she must realize that every word she speaks, every act, every response, her attitude, even her appearance and manner of dress affect the lives of her children and the whole family. It is while the child is in the home that he gains from his mother the attitudes, hopes, and beliefs that will determine the kind of life he will live and the contribution he will make to society.

N. Eldon Tanner

To read the whole story go here.

3 comments:

megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megan said...

Sorry I had to delete my last comment. I still have to figure out how to edit a posted comment. Anywho...
Some days I think there is absolutely NO glory in motherhood! Sorry to hear everyone is sick again. Same throw-up, different day.

Jamie said...

What a great quote. It sure makes those hard days more rewarding, though it adds a whole lot of pressure too!