Saturday night we stopped in St. George. We stayed at a new hotel, The Wingate. I would recommend it, the service was great, clean, new rooms, and the commons eating area was nice. The pool was a little small, but we managed to get it to ourselves, after scaring everyone away! We ussually have Peter swim in a life jacket, but did not pack one on this trip. He ran down the hall, out the door and into the pool area. That is when I saw him swing his arms and jump right into the pool.
I must have been tired, because I overreacted. "He can't swim!" I screamed. A middle aged man dove after him, and saved me from jumping in with clothes. I thanked him perfusely, but think I stressed him out enough, that he was outa there.
Next, Maggie goes up to a man with his toddler. "Hi, my name is Maggie. This is my family, we are from SLC, and comming back from the beach. Do you want to see me float on my back?" He quickly disappeared.
In the meantime, Luke is doing cannonballs into the small pool. And we have forgotten all about Peter again. He was out in the middle struggling to get above water. Once again, I yelled. And with that, the last two people in the pool were gone.
The only thing our family did not do was go to the bathroom in the pool. And I realy can't promise that didn't happen either.
So how do you clear a swim pool?
INVITE THE DUNHAMS!
We normally are not like this, a 6 hour car ride will do it to ya!
2 comments:
You're trip looks wonderful. I kept track of you every day and felt much, much jealousy!
ps-I, personally, love swimming with the Dunhams...especially Peter.
Funny! But hey, at least you got the pool to yourself!
Post a Comment