Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ups and downs

We told the kids, one amusement park this vacation. Luke petitioned his cause successfully. He found coupons, which saved us over $120. So Legoland it was. Steve had to remind me several times to put on a :) SMILE, we were doing this for the kids. I wanted Disney.

I had done my research on the park, and understood that those under a certain height could ride with an adult. Not so. They still had a minimum height, which made it impossible for my little ones to enjoy any rides. Granted they enjoyed, just more work for mom and dad. The other thing that really chapped my hide, was charging extra for certain attractions. Live and Learn. The best thing about Legoland was there were no crowds. Now I know why.

Where is his smile? Doesn't he know--we came primarily for him.
There is a soft spot in our hearts for him.
This ride was awesome. Awesome to watch Steve, he worked out harder than he has in months. Unless you count this morning.........(he, he)
Anyway, you race other families in the firetruck, put out a fire, and pump
your way back.
They did not lose--surprised?

Peter asked, "When do we get to see Mickey?" Sad!!

The day ended on an "UP", but our bank account may be "down." We took the kids to Downtown Disney where they spent their hard earned money. The money I was bribing them with all summer to be good!
Mom was the happiest of all. A kid in the candy store. Gotta have my chocolate/carmel covered marshmallow!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Your trip is sounding like so much fun. You are sporting a serious tan. I'm jealous! (Of the tan and the trip. And let's not forgot the chocolate covered marshmellows lol.)

The Dunham Family said...

Liz,
I hear you have quite the tan, from your creative lawn chair!
I hope your feeling ok. Your almost to the end.
Sarah