Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School

I woke up this morning-prepared! Prepared to get my kids ready and out the door to school. Last night I put the clothes out for the next day, complete with socks (we can never find matching socks in our house.) I had prepacked the lunches. Confession: they were Lunchables.

After my run this morning, things went very smoothly. We even had time to straighten Maggie's hair with time to spare.

Once on the school grounds we saw Maggie's other mom. We love her. I wanted to talk with her since she had just been injured from sliding down a glacier on Mt. Timp. My mistake. I lost my kids while gabbing. My older kids none-the-less. That is when I realized maybe I wasn't so prepared.

I spent 10 minutes looking for them to no avail. I was really only concerned about Maggie. When the bell rang, I pushed my way through the halls, looking for her. Could she find her way entering a different door, especially in such a crowded corridor? The jury is out on that question. But alas she made it. Look how cute she is. Missing her front tooth.
My darling first grader.
Self confident, still not smiling, ready to start school, 3rd grader.

The kids are so excited about their teachers, and so am I. When I peeked in Luke's room, this is what I saw, and I love it! Luke has been wanting to take guitar lessons, I am sure this will seal the deal.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm glad you had a good first day of school. You both looked really cute. I hope you have a great year.