Friday, August 28, 2009

Is it possible?

This morning I had an appointment with my hair stylist. It is always a good day when you can get your hair done. Adrianne, the stylist, is very pregnant. 4 weeks to go. She was telling me about her birthing classes. They will be doing a hypno-birth. Power to ya-not for me! I am told you must have a very high IQ and a long attention span. No wonder it is not for me.

We shared some good laughs about her class. Her teacher has some interesting ideas and beliefs. One being that babies in the womb, hate the sound of a hair dryer. Adrianne's poor baby. Another funny concept was not to wash your baby, at least not its hands for two weeks. They feel more comfortable with the smell they are used to. O.K. that is just gross.

But here is the funniest story of all. Apparently soy milk is horrible for you. It contains too much estrogen. Never drink it while pregnant, or give to kids....especially BOYS. Hmmmm. That made me think. I gave it to one of my kids for 1 and 1/2 years of their life.

Yup. It was Peter. Maybe all that estrogen that was consumed by this kid explains his tendencies. This picture was taken the other day. He had shut the door to Rachel's room, and was extremely quiet. I was nervous since we are potty training. When I peeked, he was playing dress up with girl clothes. He liked this one best.

If it turns out later in life that Peter is indeed gay, I guess it is no ones fault but mine.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Oh my gosh, that is way too funny. Seriously, I can't stop laughing over that picture.

That's funny about blow dryers. When Ben was a tiny one, the blow dryer was my life saver. I used to put him in the bathroom in his car seat, turn the dryer on and set it on the floor and give myself some downtime. I'm such an awesome mom LOL...

Diane said...

That made me laugh!

Linsay Mabey said...

It's true about the soy. David was taught about it in medical school. It does have more estrogen that cows milk. He was super paranoid about what I ate and drank while I was pregnant with Ethan, but whatever. I think there are bigger factors and influences over how your kids turn out than the amount of soy is in their diet. Like how cute their little sister's clothes are.

megan said...

Once again...I love Peter.