Time does softly sweetly glide??

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Grateful for Red

On my hike with Steve last night, I fell in love with these flowers/plants. I love red. It makes me happy. We enjoyed sandwiches while sitting by this plant, and watching the water ripple across the lake.
"When you find yourself getting into a routine with your prayers, step back and think. Meditate for a while on the things for which you really are grateful. Look for them. They don't have to be grand or glorious. Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one's voice. Thinking of things we are grateful for is a healing balm. It helps us get outside ourselves. It changes our focus from our pains and our trials to the abundance of this beautiful world we live in."
--Joseph B. Wirthlin

Red must have been in the air...look at the sunset.
Posted by The Dunham Family at 9:08 AM

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love that quote.

September 28, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Women are repeatedly accused of taking things personally. I cannot see any other honest way of taking them. —Marya Mannes,

Email Me

I promise I won't bite.

sgdunham@gmail.com

The culprits of Mom's grey hair

The culprits of Mom's grey hair

About Me

My photo
The Dunham Family
We love and agree with the primary song "Love At Home", but when it comes to the part of "Time does softly, sweetly dwell" our house is anything but. We have two boys and two girls and that is the only thing perfect about our sweet family.
View my complete profile

Family

The FAMILY is the basic unit of society, of the economy, of our culture, and our government.
Elder Ballard

Lego Brainiac

Mommy's Daredevil

WWF Bound

Sweetie Pie

My Blog List

  • nienie
    What's A Sister For?
    1 week ago
  • The GreenHouse
    I Talked in Church
    10 years ago
  • ~The Elggren Family~
    Things aren't always as they seem...
    10 years ago
  • This is what I call life
    First grade blues
    12 years ago
  • The Colton Family Blog
    Busy Summer
    13 years ago
  • Tiffany's Sweets Emporium
    little miracles
    13 years ago
  • Just Simply Cook
    Chicken Spaghetti
    13 years ago
  • Fun times in our lives!
    14 years ago
  • Crazy Castle
    July 2012
    14 years ago
  • Mrs. Simi's 5th Grade Class
    Poem By Mac
    14 years ago
  • Zach & Kate
    Bryan & Colbie
    14 years ago
  • 3greenwoodgirls
    This Year's Entry
    14 years ago
  • The Greer Family
    Riding Bikes (Nathan's 1st time w/o training wheels)
    14 years ago
  • The Robinson's
    Miss Olive
    15 years ago
  • Gary's Miracles
    Missionary Miracle
    15 years ago
  • The Write Words
    Exceptional Follow Through
    15 years ago
  • The Jazzy Scuttlebutt
    Introducing...
    15 years ago
  • The Scratchpad
    Successful Social Media for a Business
    16 years ago
  • Sprout's Tummy Yummies
    EASY AS PIE! Cookie Dough Pie
    17 years ago
  • Alice In La La Land
  • A Charmed Life
  • Discover Your Happy
  • The Mawhinney Family
  • Lizonya
  • KEEPIN' UP WITH THE JONESES
  • Blogger: Sign in
  • It's not an Obsession...
Show 5 Show All
I am a mini-van driving mom of 4 and proud of it. Since the birth of my children I have sacrificed my body, wardrobe, free time and sanity. On most days I would say it is worth it. I am a hard-core country music fan, but also a closet Donny Osmond admirer. On my free time I love to do anything outside in the sun, especially go for a long run!

Blog Archive

  • ►  2023 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2012 (73)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2011 (145)
    • ►  December (12)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (16)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (14)
  • ►  2010 (155)
    • ►  December (15)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (14)
  • ▼  2009 (231)
    • ►  December (22)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ▼  September (16)
      • Fall, Family and Breasts...yeah you read correctly!
      • Grateful for Red
      • Zuri
      • Change of the seasons
      • A childs prayer
      • I DID IT!!!!!!
      • FPF
      • Point of view: Doctors vs parents
      • Hair issues
      • I always have a heavy heart this time of year. Lo...
      • Worried
      • Labor Day @ the Cabin
      • Count down to Retirement
      • Paranoia
      • Fav. Photo Fri. or late Thursday night
      • Clowning Around
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (20)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (22)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (25)
    • ►  February (26)
    • ►  January (18)
  • ►  2008 (76)
    • ►  December (15)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (16)
    • ►  July (1)
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.