Hiked Mt. Olympus!
My friend Audrey had the idea to hike this peak. I had always wanted to hike it, but.......I did not know what I was in for. My nieghbor from across the street also came-Gina. FYI, Gina had a baby 4 months ago!Audrey said she felt like she was a head taller in this picture.
That is because she is. Her long legs cruised up the mountain.
We set out early (our car was the first one in the lot) with head lights. It was beautiful-the stars were so vivid. The hike up was steep but totally manageable. UNTILL........we got to something that resembled this.....
And that is just part of it!
Did I mention that I am afraid of heights? Very much so! I sat in the fetal position at the base of the summit for some time. Contemplating if I should go to the very top. To say I was scared would be an understatement. I was scared Sh*#less!
I finally decided I had to try. Thanks to encouraging friends, and the "gazelle" who passed us at the last minute and beat us to the top. So I held on for dear life and scrambled up the last 500 feet of rocks.
I made it to the top!
I was shaking with fear and had the shivers, thus the fleece jacket.
Audrey was afraid of rattlesnakes....I was afraid of dying!
We had a fun time and I was challenged. So glad we did it. Now I can check that off the to-do list!
Can you see me?
3 comments:
Good Job! Wish I could have made it. Looks awesome!
What a great day for the hike. The pictures are wonderful. Congratulations to all of you!
proud of you ladies. that hike is not easy:)
Post a Comment