When I walked through the door I was "greeted" by my husband. When I say greeted, I say a man standing in the doorway glaring at me. He then turns sideways. I see red EVERYWHERE on his shirt. "I am guessing that is not BBQ sauce from the pork?"
No, it was blood.
While I was gone (Phew!) Peter pushed Rachel off the couch onto the elliptical. I was told blood was everywhere. Head wounds tend to bleed a lot.
Luke called Grandma and Grandpa Dunham. All he said was "We need your help. We have a problem. Come now!" CLICK!
Needless to say Grandma showed up with tears. Scared of the unknown.
We are glad they came though, Grandma scrubbed blood out of the carpet and got Peter dressed--of course he was naked.
We asked our neighbor who is a Doctor to come and take a look, to see if we needed to take a visit to the Instacare. He came over with tools in hand. If it needs stitches I have all the tools, he told us. But what he really wanted to do was staple her head. "I really wish I had a stapler" he kept telling us. As Rachels mother, I am glad he did not.
His final diagnosis: "Steve, I am incredibly underwhelmed."
I don't know if that was good news for us, or just embarrassing/overreacting parents news.
Either way I am so grateful to a neighbor that took time away from his family to help us. In our church we learn about building up of the Kingdom of Zion. Every member should use his time and talents to help others and the gospel. D is the perfect example of this. He uses his skills and expertise to serve those around him. Thanks neighbor!
12 comments:
Oh my goodness!!!! Poor Ray! Is she OK?! That gash looks awful!!! Way to be so calm Steve and Luke. I would have had a panick attack for sure! Umm... why in the heck did the doc want to scalp Rach???
Ohh! I read it wrong, he wanted to staple her head! Geez, I'm glad he didn't have to do that either!
Poor little RACHEL! That's so miserable.
But I'll be honest. D's statement totally cracks me up. D is awesome.
I have to agree with Sarah, D is a great example of someone who is willing to help and serve, no matter the situation. So many people are afraid to share their professional talents but D just rocks! I am glad to have had to opportunity to work so closely with him in our previous callings.
That does look like it needed stitches. I'm really, really glad that Steve knows which grandma to call!
Yay for D! The ER is the worst with a bleeding child.
By the way, the pulled pork sandwiches were awsome!
I love pictures like this. I'll be sure and show it to my 2 boys. They love blood!
Aw... poor little rach. how nice of D to come over and take care of business:)
what is with bootcamp being canceled/changed to thursday?? ok, now what class should be plan on going to now? i like going with you.
I am so glad that wound photo isn't in focus...I would have puked if it was. Poor little girl.
Looks like that time out chair may come in handy.
What a dork my husband is. Next time (hopefully there won't be one, but who are we kidding-we've got kids), tell him staples over your dead body!
'Underwhelmed'--much easier said after the blood is all cleaned up.
Post a Comment