Monday, November 16, 2009

Simple Gratitudes of the Day

It is the season of Gratitude.
Today I am thankful for....

-an awesome gym teacher who inspires me to do better each day.

-my kids excitement over my decision that I would drive them to school.

-the fact that I can actually walk on my foot....today.

-running through crunchy Fall leaves.

-Peter going up to the Christmas display at the grocery store. It was a wrapped display that looked like a red chimney. "I will huff and I will puff and I will blow your house down. Nope, it did not work Mom." He thought it was one of the 3 little pigs houses. You probably figured that much out, huh?

-Peter not being able to figure out how to rip toilet paper. I walked in on him cutting out sections with scissors. "I am using lissors to cut, since I don't know how."

-The chilly weather. I can keep my groceries in the car a little longer without having to unload them.

-Sammy finding out her baby is ALIVE! Will her and EJ ever get together?

"Mom, look at me!"
"Are you happy mom?"
'"No!"
"Are you happy mom?"
"No, you just hit Rachel!"
"So, are you happy?"
"I will be happy when you start being nice."
"OK, I will be nice. Are you happy now mom?"

This kid is very concerned about my happiness.
We go through a similar Q & A many times a day.

4 comments:

megan said...

Sammy and EJ will never get together because that Latin guy is WAY hotter. (reading that on your list seriously made me pee a little)

Diane said...

who the heck are Sammy and EJ?

Lizzy said...

I am so glad to find another Days lover! I told my sister (in a shameful sort of way) that I'm back into Days and she started laughing at me. I LOVE the Sammy storyline. I really, really need her and EJ to get back together. He is way hotter than whatshisname.

And Ben and I have similar "Are you happy mom?" conversations, too. Someone once told me (a mother of three boys) that there's a special love little boys have for their moms that's different from daughters. I like to believe that's true.

tiffy tiff said...

I came to leave a comment about Days and was SOO happy to see that all 3 comments are about that very topic. I'm so happy it made your "grateful" list!!! EJ is hot. Glad I'm not the only one who still watches!!