Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Webkinz

My kids love the Webkinz. If you are not familiar with Webkinz, they are a stuffed animal that comes with a code that allows you into the world of Webkinz. It is basically taking care of a pet online. You must feed it, put it to sleep etc. By playing the games on the website you can earn KinzCash to pay for food and clothing for your pet, items for the pet's room or extra's like the hot tub Luke was dying to have.

Introduce the Christmas season in the land of Webkinz. Toys and gifts galore. Luke and Maggie have been spending a large amount of time on the website lately. Candy for the eyes....buy, buy, buy. Must be so fun to buy whatever you want without your Mom saying "No!"

Maggie needed some help the other day. She always asks Steve. (He has even been known to log into Maggie's account, when she is asleep, and earn her extra money). When he logged into the account he found her cat, Rosalita with a thermometer in her mouth and a hot water bottle on her head. At which point Luke walks by, "OMgosh, your Webkinz is almost dead!"

After checking her account, the cat had the flu, no food, outstanding doctor bills, and $6 to her name. After visiting the doctor she had to pay $50 in medicine. Steve showed her the food she was suppose to feed the cat--"That is too expensive, I just feed it grapes." Steve explains to Maggie that maybe she should not buy sweaters, lamps and snow globes if she can't feed her pet. "Oh that is stuff I can just return or sell later."

This is typical for my Maggie, but it also sounds like my parenting skills are rubbing off on my daughter.

2 comments:

Marti said...

LOL!!! SO funny! We love Webkinz at our house, too. And when I say 'WE' I mean ALL of us. When we first got them, Tone and I would play at night when the kids were asleep...to get them more money-of course! Abby spends ALL of her money on clothes. Thomas rarely spends any money at all. Maybe it's just a natural girl instinct to spend money! :-)

La La Land said...

I am laughing so hard that I am crying. LOVE IT! You can just return that stuff later!?!? Sounds like me!