Today is my husbands birthday. We have been celebrating it all week. I think I love it more than him. I have not had to cook dinner.
It is obvious what a great dad Steve is by the love and excitement the kids are having planning his special day. As soon as the kids woke up on Sunday they were making cards for him. I was awaken in bed and asked to sign one of them.
This is Maggie's. I love the slashes "/". Every name has a slash: Dad/Steve, Max/the Dog, Rachel/Little sister.
We will be celebrating tonight. Perhaps with his favorite cake. One of the ingredients requires you to be of legal age to buy. (Don't worry all my conservative friends, it cooks out!) The problem is deciding who is going to go buy the specific ingredient. We used to make this cake a lot in the earlier years of our marriage. When we moved, I was still in bed recovering from a C-section and could not help a ton. Steve's sister and my mom were packing up the kitchen when I heard laughter, whispers and giggles. Yes they had found our secret ingredient.....
Happy Birthday Steve!
XOXOXO
2 comments:
Happy birthday to Steve! Don't get too wasted! Just kidding.
John did study abroad in Germany while we were dating and brought me back bottles of beer (it was a joke). I still have them... hidden deep in my cupboard where no one can find them LOL.
We have a huge beer stein in our cupboard as Eric served his mission in Germany. It used to make me nervous but not anymore! :)
Post a Comment