Sunday, March 21, 2010

Peter vs. Church


To put it simply, Peter does not like Church.
Now that he is three, he can no longer go play in the nursery for 2 hours. He has graduated to Primary, and does not like it, to say the least.

Here are some examples of Peter at Church:
  • on a couple occasions he has tried to walk home.
  • Cries and sobs loudly over the rest of the kids singing.
  • refuses to fold his arms.
  • sulks to the level that every woman that walks by him has a sympathetic look and comment.
  • gone back to nursery with much enjoyment.
  • takes off with little sister and found giggling on the elevator.
  • Refuses to look at his teachers. Folds arms (not for prayers) and hangs his head.
  • comes up with excuses and plans to avoid primary. Sometimes he is sick, sometimes he is going to the cabin.
  • Always wants mom. Steve says it is because I am a softy and give in. I say it is because I am an Awesome Mom!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

He's making progress though. He sat in the Primary for almost all of sharing and singing time... That's great! Plus, he looked super adorable in his little outfit, folding his arms and hanging his head. I love it!

Christina said...

What a cutie! You know, I can't blame the little guy for missing Nursery. I feel bad the transition has been so hard on him and you.