The instructor had each of us write down things that gave us fear/stress in our everyday life's. That was easy for me.
A story was told about workers in Ontario who were two weeks shy of ending a two year painting project. The men were painting a sky way bridge (125 ft. high) when the bridge gave way and four people fell to their death, while seven others hung their for an hour waiting to be rescued. Turns out the men had safety equipment and choose not to wear it.
We then thought about our stresses and fears and how they applied to this story. Did we feel like we were in a scary situation in our life? YES!
Some of peoples fears were read aloud for everyone to hear. This was hard for me to listen to. I would trade mine in a heartbeat. Are these people serious..ie, and earthquake. Do they know what my stress is? It weighs on me minute by minute. Heavier and heavier as each day passes and as we still do not have answers.
A comment came up that we always have the companionship of the Holy Ghost helping us through this tough time. Another wise woman said "Yes, but we also always have the companionship of Satan trying to pull us down." BINGO! That is what I have been feeling lately.
I feel it so strongly. I feel one side of me telling me to have peace and hope and faith. And the other taking away all possibility of Hope; that their is not any good jobs out their for us, that the economy is bad, and that I will always live in poverty.
This may perhaps be one of the greatest talks ever given at General Conference. I love it. Here is a clip.
I know my trials and my life are not more important than others. I don't know what is going on in other's life's as they do not know what is going on in mine.
I know my trials and my life are not more important than others. I don't know what is going on in other's life's as they do not know what is going on in mine.
So many times I wanted to walk out of the classroom today. I am glad I didn't. It gave me perspective and a goal that I can do better. That there are many "things" (safety equipment) I can do to have more hope.
1 comment:
Sarah, you are in the middle of the refiner's fire right now. It's hard when you know that some people's stresses are so much less overwhelming, but I guess I totally believe that everyone will be where you are at some time (or multiple times) in their lives.
Hope is hard to hang on to when the stress is so great, when you don't know what's around the corner. I'm so sorry you guys are going through this right now. Good thoughts are coming your way from up north. :)
Post a Comment