Signs that I am losing it:
-I ran out of sandwich bags for lunches. I had to pack the items in large bread bags. This did not make Luke happy, but he preferred it over the aluminum foil option. Maggie goes along with anything and suggested I use garbage bags.
-Luke asks me to show him how to put soap in and start the dishwasher. "I think that I can remember to do it better than you mom." Sad, but true.
-I peeked in on the boys at play group yesterday, and my son is playing without pants on. What is with this boy always being naked from the waist down?
-Driving my car on empty for days. Nope did not even notice!
Things my kids do that make me laugh & happy.
-Sit down to play pictionary with Maggie. She goes first and says she is going to think of something on her own, rather than picking a card. Then she starts writing letters. ???? I explained to her, that you DRAW a picture. "Well just guess what I am writing, okay mom." Well this game just got easier.
-Peter tells me I deserve a hug. Why? Because hugs are good for you!
-The other night in the hot tub, Maggie and Peter made a wish upon a star. I apparently made Peters come true the next day when I gave him a motorized water boat. (He had wished for a toy that floats in the hot tub.) Maggie was sad hers did not come true as well. She had wished for a castle in the clouds. Such a bright young girl.
-Driving in the car to meet Steve, Rachel yells out "Feeve (Steve), I lub you dad!"
Whenever he does not respond to Dad, she calls him Feeve.
I think I will go open a *Diet Coke--Here is to another day!
*trying to get off this dang drink. I have cut back, but still buying! My hot workout friend says I could loose an easy 5 lbs. if I got off the drink. Shouldn't this motivate me? Cause it is not.
9 comments:
Is that really true about diet drinks (loosing weight)
I think that 5lbs thing is only true if you are drinking regular Coke, not diet. I surely didn't lose 5lbs when I quit... I wish I had!
Heeve...that cracks me up.
It's true, you will loose 5lbs. And you'll loose weight easier because you won't be fighting empty calories. I haven't had carbonation in 7 years. You can do it!
You know what I saw at the store the other day.... mini cans of regular coke & diet coke. Even though diet coke doesn't have calories I think it has hidden bad stuff that can keep weight on. I LOVE soda, I LOVE regular coke, the mini cans might be a good way for portion control. That is the hardest for me, portion control!
I love hearing about the funny things your kids say. It makes me smile and makes me want Felix to start talking more! My sister Heather's little boy Heber (he is 8) told her he would give her 10 dollars if she would let him sleep for 5 more minutes!
I've been off diet coke for almost 3 weeks and not one freakin' pound! Don't do it. It's totally not worth it. I miss my caffeine!
Loved this post! Awesome that Maggie suggested garbage bags to wrap sandwiches in!
I'll have to remember the foil wrap option. When we run out I use saran wrap. Foil seems much less complicated! And ditto on the drink, only my vice is Dr. Pepper. Can't. Kick. It. Don't. Wan't. To.
Don't do it. You won't loose a pound. I have proof...
Post a Comment