Friday, May 14, 2010

recap


The best part of Mothers Day was the cards that the kids made for me. I had been told about them ALL week, and that they were hidden in their bedrooms.

Nothing like kids waking up early, remembering it is Mothers Day, finding their treasures, and approaching me with shy smiles while hiding their notes behind their backs. So cute, and I loved it.

Here is a snip-it of the letters I received:

My Mom
by Maggie
My mom has green eyes and black hair. She is nice. She knows how to make spaghetti. She can make mizithra. I love her name, her name is Sarah. She loves roses. I do too. She always has a coke in her hand. My mom has a crush on, aaaaaaaaaaaa, Steve-the monkey in the movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. That made me laugh. She is silly. My mom has a lot of friends. I do too. My mom loves me. I know how to make her laugh. My mom is funny. My mom is the best mom in the world. My mom almost every night has a salad for dinner. My mom is cute. My mom loves Steve!

****
Dear Mom,
You are the best! You help me with cleaning my room, finding books to read, finding things to do in the summer. I have a lot of fun with you. The best part is swimming with you. You can swim so well. I think it is cool that you and Rachel share the same birthday. I think we should go somewhere, just me and you. I bet you could beat me in a swimming race. You are really fast when it comes to swimming. I have so much fun with you in the summer. I hope you have the best mothers day this year.
Love, Luke

These were great to receive and made my day! Maggie is also into drawing a portrait of my face.

Steve is making me an awesome flower box for my big window. I wish the weather would cooperate, so we can hurry up and finish it.

No comments: