Sunday, May 2, 2010

I have a great job

Being a mother is a great job! I am blessed to be able to stay at home with my children, and it benefits me as much as them.

As the kids are making new friends at school, they are going to new houses, many that are much, much larger than ours. Their eyes get big with envy and ask why we don't have such a luxury. I tell them I would have to go back to work. Luke and Maggie get nervous looks and admit that it is not such a great option.

I love these videos of the kids. Rachel has been given a nickname. Even Luke's scoutmaster, who also works in the nursery with Rachel calls her this.




I like that she has to preface it with, "It's me."

In our home we need to say an opening prayer and a closing prayer. Not because we are overly righteous or anything, but because Peter insists on saying a prayer. His prayers are full of nonsense along with random wishes, and they always include something about cheese.
Thus we feel it is important to have another prayer while he is still learning. Here is a sneak peak at one of his prayers. (I apologize for the camera work-I had to sneak in the camera so he would not notice.)



I have a testimony of prayer. That Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers.
I was lucky enough to be in Nursery last week when they gave the lesson. This cute woman told the story of Jesus healing the 10 lepers, and only one of them said thank you. I was touched by this story and thought how typical it is as humans to ask and ask, but to never thank our Heavenly Father. I am going to try and do better.

I gave the same lesson for Family Home Evening. I asked the kids if they knew what a leper was. They described them as short people that wear green. Confused with a leprechaun.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Cute video and cute kids. I'm thankful for cheese too, and Grandpa is thankful for chocolate milk.

megan said...

That's the most awesome prayer I've ever heard. I need to pray more for cheese and chocolate milk...maybe my days would go better.

Cheeseboy said...

Our kid prays the exact same way. It's funny.